Friday, November 18, 2011

Zurich old city

I had expected Zurich to be highly urban, gritty, and "hip," I think because I know it as the birthplace of Dada, a center of Swiss art and design, and as the home to one of my favorite punk bands. But, Zurich was as peaceful and lovely as the other Swiss cities I have visited. The weather was great, and I enjoyed walking through ZuriWest (indeed, urban and hip) and then the winding narrow streets of the old city, before meeting Dan for dinner and more wandering.

the old city's hilly streets


Map in hand, I navigated through the old city and came upon Lindenhofplatz, which had a little tent city and big sign declaring "Occupy Paradeplatz"-- I overcame my geographic confusion and realized that I was indeed in Lindenhof-- Paradeplatz is like the Wall Street of Zurich, a bit further down the street.





Grossmunster


No comments:

Post a Comment