Friday, September 2, 2011

Geneve a Rougemont

I have arrived in Switzerland, still a bit sleepy but excited to find myself in this amazing place. An adventure begins.

This is the route of the incredible train trip yesterday-- you can see that we traveled close to the lake and then veered up into the mountains. The view changed constantly as we passed through tunnels in the mountain, looked over the lake and mountain streams, passed along pine forests, and peered down into the valleys. I will post some photos soon.



I had help along the way to my destination from the train staff, my seatmates, and even the neighborhood cheesemaker who pointed me to the office! My French is coming in very handy of course.

The office and intern rooms are in the former priest's home for the town. It is a spacious building with lovely natural light and faces directly onto the mountains to the south.

More to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment