Tuesday, July 7, 2009

By foot, train, and canal (path)

I visited friends in DC over the July 4th weekend, and covered a lot of territory: Mount Pleasant, the Zoo, Adams-Morgan, Georgetown, the edge of the Mall, Meridian Hill, and U Street. Since I relied on the Metro when I lived in the area, I am still learning how these different parts of the city relate to each other.

A bunch of old and not-so-old friends happened to converge on DC for the weekend, including people I know from DC, Boston, and UVA.

Walking to the Corcoran from Georgetown, I came across a very faded Metro map at a bus station:



Justin and I walked alongside the canal in Georgetown for awhile. I am not sure what this is, but I liked the way that grass was growing inside the partitions, and the trellis beyond:





Raquel was also in town, and a bunch of us met up on the porch in Mount Pleasant, like old times (except that the practice room now houses Vicki's engraving press)! We walked to Meridian Hill to watch the fireworks, but they were blocked by some trees (and a large crowd). We walked a little further and came upon an empty lot amongst row houses, where we had a pretty good view!



No comments:

Post a Comment