Sunday, January 18, 2009

zumba!?

In the past 5 days, I have been to the gym twice! That is double the number of times I have been in my life up to this point. Hooray for the new year-- I'll try to keep this resolution going.

Today's visit was for a Zumba class. As everyone but me seemed to know already , Zumba is an exercise fad that is sweeping the nation. That said, I'm not sure it will be my favorite drop-in class. It was a good workout and pretty fun, but involved a good deal of slightly embarrassing moves. My friend Maria and I cracked up each time the instructor said in deadpan fashion: "you REALLY want to get low for this one," which meant lots of hip-winding (thank goodness, no photos for this post)!

So, there's still yoga, step, and pilates to look forward to!...

No comments:

Post a Comment